Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Public Crochet-er

So this morning my parentals and I went out for what I will loosely label as "brunch". We had a long-winded discussion over the classifications of meals and whether one can actually go out for breakfast when one has already had toast at home. Needless to say, they had bacon and eggs while I stuck with the ol' faithful nachos.

Obviously, meal times and the rules that contain them are not the subject of this post. What I'm actually writing about here is a new experience for me, that occurred while out for this so-called "brunch".

Yes, that's right - today I become a Public Crochet-er. I, for the first time in my life, I took my crochet project to the cafe and worked on some granny squares. Ma has been on the forefront of Public Crocheting for a while now, but it's taken me a little longer to get around to it. '



I found the entire experience rather liberating, actually. I don't have any problem at all with people knowing that I crochet, but I've always felt a little weird about people watching me, in case they can do it better than me and then criticise my tension or something like that.

Today, however, I worked with a new attitude - I crochet, and I'm proud of it!!

I'm not sure how Dad felt about the entire experience. He seemed pretty happy with his book, but on the inside I'm sure he secretly wanted to join in.


So there you have it - the first of many crochet-related outings. Hopefully not the last!

Pru.
O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment